If you’ve never attended an in-person homeschool convention, maybe 2020 is the year! Great Homeschool Conventions has some super exciting events planned for 2020! They asked to give my readers an insider’s look at some of the awesomeness in store, so of course I said “yes!!”. Check it out…
The Homeschooling Event of the Year!
EQUIPPING, ENCOURAGING, ENERGIZING…and FUN!
We have some great events planned for you!
Thank you to our title sponsor Medi-Share® who helps make these events possible!
Make plans now by registering!
|New workshops will be offered by fantastic speakers.|
|The HUGE Exhibit Hall will be packed with lots of homeschooling resources and curriculum to browse and shop.|
|Special tracks consisting of multiple sessions will be offered. These specific tracks will cover teaching styles, how to begin homeschooling, helping teens defend their faith in today’s world, mom-to-mom discussions, homeschooling those with special needs, instilling the love of reading in children, and issues homeschooling families face.
Last, but not least, special events are booked to make each GHC event memorable for your family.
The 2020 Great Homeschool Conventions season will be here before you know it!
2020 – GHC Regional Homeschool Convention Dates:
- TEXAS Homeschool Convention, Fort Worth Convention Center, Fort Worth, TX – March 12 – 14, 2020
- SOUTHEAST Homeschool Convention, TD Convention Center, Greenville, SC, – March 19 – 21, 2020
- MISSOURI Homeschool Convention, St. Charles Convention Center, St. Charles, MO, March 26 – 28, 2020
- MIDWEST Homeschool Convention, Duke Energy Convention Center, Cincinnati, OH, April 16 – 18, 2020
- CALIFORNIA Homeschool Convention, Ontario Convention Center, Ontario, CA, June 18 – 20, 2020
- FLORIDA Homeschool Convention, Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center, June 25 – 27, 2020
- NEW YORK Homeschool Convention, Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Conv. Ctr, Rochester, NY, July 30 – August 1, 2020
We love to encourage, equip and educate families in all seasons of their homeschooling journey. Whether you are just curious about homeschooling, just started homeschooling, or are a seasoned homeschooling family…Great Homeschool Conventions is here to help!
All across the country, families travel to attend one of our seven, huge regional conventions! Some moms gather friends and make it a fun, getaway weekend. Each regional convention has attendees from several states with the convention in Cincinnati having attendees from 15+ states.
Here’s what some moms have to say about a GHC event…
There is nothing quite like attending a (GHC) Great Homeschool Convention.
So many awesome workshops to choose from; the speakers are simply the best; and shopping in the Exhibit Hall is an adventure where I always find new ideas and great convention deals. There’s fresh new info and material every year. You can’t go just one year! Don’t Miss It! You’ll be more equipped, encouraged and energized — both as a parent and as a Homeschooler.
— Claudine, Ohio
As a homeschooling family, we have seen the benefits of attending the yearly Great Homeschool Conventions.
If you homeschool or are considering homeschooling, make every effort to attend one of the regional conventions. You won’t be disappointed!
— Sherryl, Ohio
GHC – Highlights
The regional GHC Homeschooling conventions provide hundreds of workshops from which a homeschooling mom or dad may choose those most applicable for their family. Scheduling will begin in January of 2019. A link to the full schedule and descriptions list will be posted on each of our conventions’ home pages. The variety of topics covered will be extensive, from how to teach different ages at the same time to how to homeschool a gifted or special needs child. Don’t know how to teach math and get concepts across to your teen? Covered – and by math experts! How do I prompt my child to write? Lots of writing tips will be offered. Reading is so very important. What happens if you have a struggling reader? What can you do to help them? Proven techniques to help those who struggle with reading will be presented by professionals in the field. Science isn’t easy for some! How can you capture their attention and hold their interest? Come find out from the experts. How will I ever homeschool through high school. We have the answers!
All those 230 + workshops are presented by great speakers. Great Homeschool Conventions structures a fantastic speaker roster. Many speakers come from years of personal homeschooling experience. They attend the conventions because they are passionate about helping up-and-coming or seasoned homeschooling parents achieve a successful homeschooling experience. They believe in homeschooling and have committed their lives to keeping the movement strong well into the future. Our speakers have a real heart for homeschooling families and are very willing to help our homeschooling parents be successful in their venture. Many of your favorites will be there including Sarah Mackenzie, Andrew Pudewa, Dr. Kathy Koch, Pam Barnhill, Colleen Kessler and dozens more!
HUGE Exhibit Hall
Each of the GHC homeschool conventions has a huge homeschooling curriculum and homeschool resource Exhibit Hall that homeschooling families love to browse and shop. When you’re looking for the best homeschooling resources for your homeschooled children, there’s nothing quite like being able to examine a homeschool curriculum in-person, and in many instances, have the opportunity to meet and ask questions of the very person who developed the homeschooling curriculum or resource.
LOTS of exhibitors have already signed up! We are adding more to the list on a daily basis.
Special Track Sessions – Focused on Homeschooling Trouble Spots
Specially-focused tracks presented by true experts in their fields will address homeschooling trouble spots.
- Parenting Track: Homeschooling isn’t easy. Parenting can be harder. Great encouragement and parenting tips can be found by attending our Parenting Track. Dr. Kathy Koch of Celebrate Kids, and President, Colson Center for Christian Worldview and BreakPoint Radio Host, John Stonestreet are well-known parenting experts who will be leading this track.
- Special Needs / Gifted Track. How do you teach a child effectively with ADD, ADHD, Asperger’s, or Dyslexia? Find answers by attending this awesome track which will leave you uplifted and with a new appreciation for your child’s challenges. Not the Former Things.com’s Shawna Wingert leads this track.
- Real Faith for the Real World Teen Track focuses on helping teens know why we believe what we believe. This year’s track is led by John Stonestreet, Brett Kunkle, and Massey Campos, and Dr. Jeff Myers of Summit Ministries.
- Homeschooling 101 Track will show you how to start and how to choose curriculum. Transcript preparation won’t be a mystery any longer. This track is presented by Janice Campbell, who after her speaking sessions, can be found at her Everyday Education booth. Be sure to stop by to shop her booth. She is more than happy to answer questions. Covering how to homeschool high school topics: Ann Karako! Visit her booth at Annie and Everything and attend her sessions for Homeschool High School 101 information.
- Homeschool Help Desk. From those just curious about homeschooling, new to homeschooling up to three years into the journey, Colleen Kessler, Sarah Mackenzie, and Pam Barnhill are more than happy to give you direction at any stage.
- Classical Track. Explore Classical education in our Classical Track. In addition to several classical sessions, you can attend a panel session by top Classical educators who have dedicated time to just answering questions on what Classical education is all about. Sponsored by Classical Conversations.
- Charlotte Mason? Who is Charlotte Mason? What is the Charlotte Mason method of education? Find out by attending the Charlotte Mason Track. Julie Ross is our expert presenter.
Two NEW Tracks for 2020!
- Mom-to-Mom Track: – This track will focus on addressing issues busy homeschooling moms face in their day-to-day homeschooling journey. Two panel sessions by these great speakers will host open discussions on a huge variety of topics. Special panel teams include: Real Mom Tour Panel: Sarah Mackenzie, Pam Barnhill, and Colleen Kessler! Plus, Mom-to-Mom Podcast Panel – Kate Battistelli, September McCarthy, and Jamie Erickson!
- Literature-Rich Track: The ability to read opens a whole new world for the reader. Instilling the love of reading benefits your child in every aspect of his education. The Literature-Rich Track explores ways to instill the love of reading in your children. This track will feature popular speakers who also happen to be authors whom your child may already be familiar with or whose books would be a great addition to your library. Come get great tips and encouragement from those who are experts in the field. Author and Speaker, Nate Wilson is just one of the exciting presenters joining us for this track! He may even bring a sibling or two! (Rebekah Merkle / Rachel Jankovic) Sponsored by Sonlight
Beyond the core homeschooling convention elements of homeschool speakers, homeschooling workshops and HUGE homeschool curriculum / homeschooling resources exhibit hall — a GHC homeschool convention always has very special optional extras that are designed to make our homeschooling convention an even more rewarding time of fun and fellowship. This includes our
- Kids’ Event hosted by Giant Cow Ministries (all three days);
- our REAL Mom Tour on Thursday evenings;
- our special Friday “Family Comedy Night” with comedian Andrew Stanley (and Jonnie W. in OH);
- SLUGS & BUGS – Live! On Friday; full concert by Randall Goodgame
GRAND FINALE SPEAKERS
- PHIL ROBERTSON!! Phil Robertson, founder of Duck Dynasty(TX, OH),
- In the Presence of My Enemies missionary – Gracia Burnham
- Holocaust Survivor, Dr. Inge Auerbacher (OH.)
KIDS’ EVENT OPTION!!!
Homeschooling families on a budget are always kept in mind! Register now for the best prices with our early bird discounts.
Hotel Discounts – Booking with host hotels offering great rates for our attendees saves money! Visit the GreatHomeschoolConventions.com page, click the location you plan to attend and then choose the hotel tab to view those hotels offering discount to our attendees and exhibitors.
Registration Now Open! Early Bird Discounts!
Save Money! Register Early>>>
Tell Your Friends! Bring Your Family! The Homeschooling Event of the Year is one you don’t want to miss!