It’s another great day in the 2019-2020 Homeschool Curriculum Expo! Today’s featured publisher is Teaching Textbooks! Check them out…
Math is one of the most important components of homeschool curriculum, this is why it’s so important to choose something that is a great fit. We have all struggled with finding something that engages the kids and also covers all the important math lesson they need to learn. Teaching Textbooks 3.0 is an online math program that is great for homeschooling students and parents. It is one of our personal favorite homeschool math programs and one that we have used for years. You can see my own review of the program here.
I have found that there is much less fighting and resistance to math using Teaching Textbooks. It is bright and colorful and allows the student to choose their own background and buddy, making it personalized for each student and gives them some ownership over their program. You want to raise independent learners that are able to self start and learn on their own right? Teaching Textbooks is perfect for that, but if your child needs a little more help than the lectures and sample problems offer you can also access the textbooks to give them a little extra help.
What Makes Teaching Textbooks such a great choice?
- Courses are offered in: Math 3-7, Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, and Pre-Calculus to cover all the ages in your family.
- The price averages out to only $4-$6 per month
- It works on Mac, Windows, Chromebook, tablets, and smartphones (via the Puffin browser) which means it can be done at home in the schoolroom, on the couch, in the backyard on the swing, in the car on the way to soccer practice, waiting for the doctor, or anywhere else!
- Includes instructions, practice problems, tests, and gradings.
- Grades are stored permanently, no worry about losing them and they are easy to print out to use as part of your portfolio.
- Parental control- turn off hints and second chances, delete wrong answers so your child can attempt again.
- Your one-year subscription comes the ability to pause for 3 months, illnesses, vacation, summer break, and holidays can be enjoyed without worrying about completing everything in time.
- The large family discount for families of 4-8 offers a substantial discount over individual subscriptions. The program price is maxed out at $199.08
- The trial program is one of the best I have ever seen and allows you time to see if the program is the right fit for you and also better gauge the level your child needs. Rather than 1 lesson or a week trial you are able to try out 15 lessons for as many of the levels as you like for an unlimited time. Click here to begin your free trial!
Not sure which grade level your child needs? Take the placement test and find out exactly where your child needs to be.
One lucky family will win a one year subscription to Teaching Textbooks 3.0 in the level of their choice! To enter, simply use the Rafflecopter form below. All entries will be verified. The giveaway period will close on 7/21/19 at 11:59pm EST and the winner will be announced the following day. Good luck!