Welcome to Day 2 of the 2019-2020 Homeschool Curriculum Expo– today’s featured curriculum publisher is my dear friend, Jen Merckling. She has created an amazing phonics program for Pre-K and Kindergarten that allows you to teach reading at home! Check it out…
Teaching my children to read has been one of the most rewarding experiences of homeschooling! And if you’re getting ready to jump in and teach your little one to read, I know you may be a little apprehensive about the task…You want something fun and engaging for your child, but also phonics-based and systematic. Ready for Reading: Level 1 is the perfect blend of enchanted learning and comprehensive reading skills! Let’s dig in and discover why this phonics curriculum has everything you need to start teaching reading at home!
Why Choose Ready for Reading?
Ready for Reading gives you hands-on, creative, and versatile tools to teach your 4-6 year old how to read at home! Perfect for your Pre-K or Kindergarten child!
- Straightforward–Ready for Reading lessons are systematic; you and your child will appreciate the daily and weekly rhythm! Once you’ve learned the method–you’ll only need one page of lesson plans for the entire week!
- Hands-On–loaded with ideas for making phonics fun and interactive!
- Organized–the digital download is hyperlinked so that you can easily get to the exact section you need! You can choose to print everything or only print consumable worksheets, games, and readers as you need them! (Here’s a video to get the curriculum set up!)
- Value–your family can print to your heart’s content (in both color or black/white)! Which is great for all those times someone needs an extra page OR when a little sibling wants to join in OR when your next child is ready to learn to read! Older children can continue using the First 100 Fry Sight Word cards and games!
- Systematic–letters are introduced in a particular order to facilitate reading more quickly.
- Assessment Forms–keep track of your child’s learning and growth!
- Expert Tips–helpful teaching tips are shared throughout the curriculum!
- Games–ideas for fun, engaging games, plus 8 printable games are included!
- Readers–10 leveled readers are provided and help your child build confidence as a reader!
- Plus so much more…worksheets, flashcards, alphabet strips, thematic units…240+ total pages.
Is Ready for Reading the Right Level for My Child?
The recommended age is 4-6 years old. It is intended for Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten.
Here’s what your child will learn:
- Recognize and name all letters of the alphabet.
- Recognize initial consonant and short vowel sounds for all 26 letters of the alphabet.
- Begin reading words with short vowel letter patterns.
- Begin reading words with consonant blends.
- Master 20 sight words. (100 Sight Word Flashcards are included!)
- Begin making a connection between reading and writing with simple spelling (My First Spelling Book is a special bonus to begin early writing and spelling skills!)
Ready for Reading was created by a 15 year homeschool veteran and mom of 6–Jen Merckling. Before teaching her own kids, Jen taught 2nd grade–she has a passion for teaching little ones to read! Jen took the best of all she’s learned over the years, and created a family-friendly, fun, and systematic phonics program–designed especially for homeschool families!
Special Offer for My Readers!
Ready for Reading: Level 1 is a complete Pre-K or Kindergarten Reading Curriculum and costs only $37–it includes unlimited digital downloads for your family. But I have a special offer for my readers! Now through 6/15/19, get 20% off when you use my coupon code at checkout and pay only $29.60! Coupon Code: LIFEOFAHOMESCHOOLMOM
Have so much fun teaching your child to read!
Enter the Giveaway to Win Ready for Reading
2 lucky winners will win their own copies of Ready for Reading! To enter to win, simply use the Rafflecopter form below. All entries will be verified. The giveaway period will close on 6/10/19 at11:59pm EST. The winners will be announced via email the following day. Good luck!