For this week’s edition of Free Curriculum Friday, I’ve teamed up with my friend Sharla from MNCountryGirl.com. She is giving each of you a free copy of her WWII Unit Study! Check it out…
Veteran’s Day is here. A time of the year to not only celebrate the lives of fallen soldiers, but also the ones of current and former veterans. It’s also a great time to teach our children the history behind some of the greatest wars in history. Ok…I’m a homeschool mom and if you’re also one, you know ANYtime is a GREAT time to teach history…But I’m sure you get the point.
I know each person is different but something always speaks to me when it comes to WWII. It is so interesting and to be honest, it’s also incredibly…moving…I can’t really put it into words. Thinking of the Holocaust, I think of all the innocent lives lost and the heartache…it just moves me to learn more about it. I served eight years in the US Air Force and I cannot even fathom what the living conditions were like or how it felt to be a jew or even a soldier in the military during WWII.
Whether people were recovering from the depression in the United States, what the Jews faced with the Holocaust in Europe, the people battling in the military…every nation in the world had repercussions of WWII. Everytime I think of history, WWII always comes to mind. I feel so strongly about it and I think it’s so important to teach our children about it…not only for a history lesson, but in today’s society, to teach our children to be thankful for what we have because it could be much worse!
Well, I’ve done the work for you! I have a 29-Page WWII World History Unit Study filled with activities for your kiddos to have fun with and learn from! The lessons in the unit study are primarily for 9th through 12th graders, but it also has a plethora of resources on teaching younger children about the war as well! It covers history, art, geography, language arts, character, and even a little life skills cooking lesson!
WWII is such a vast topic full of hundreds of different events and this unit study provides a great overview of the war. Here are the topics and worksheets within the unit study:
- A map activity of where the major battles were around the world
- WWII fact scavenger hunt
- Timeline activity
- A poem prompt
- A study of influential leaders and people during WWII
- A reading and writing prompt of the battles that occurred during the war
- A spelling and vocabulary worksheet
- 2 Word search puzzles
- WWII 5 W’s worksheet (who, where, what, when, why)
- Major events worksheet
- A cause and effect worksheet
- A WWII airplane drawing prompt
- An Anne Frank writing prompt
- 3 character training worksheets between Anne Frank and Hitler
- A lesson and cooking activity on food rationing
- And a GIANT (exclusive) list of almost 200 compiled WWII lesson plans, activities, and resources from reputable sources such as museums and national agencies! There’s literally a plethora of lessons and activities for kids of all ages to learn about WWII! You won’t be disappointed that’s for sure!
To get your copy of this awesome WWII World History Unit Study for FREE! Simply enter your name and email address into the form below. I hope it deepens your children’s desire to learn more about WWII and makes a difference in your homeschooling experience!
***I’m sorry this limited time freebie has expired! Please check back frequently for additional freebies!***