7 Christmas Traditions to Begin this Year
When you think about Christmas when you were a child, what do you remember the most? Family Christmas traditions! I love the idea of traditions, but sometimes it is hard to come up with fun, memorable Christmas traditions that will last.
With Christmas right around the corner, here are seven family tradition ideas to add to your Christmas this year!
- Create a Christmas Book Advent Calendar to countdown to Christmas. Wrap 25 of your favorite Christmas books. Then the kids can open one book each night leading up to Christmas.
- Drive around looking at Christmas lights. Take along some hot chocolate and cookies and maybe include a Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt.
- Buy matching Christmas jammies for the entire family. This can be a gift that everyone opens on Christmas Eve.
- Create a Christmas Jammies photo album. After everyone has put on their matching jammies, take a photo in front of the Christmas tree. Try to do the same pose each year for even more fun!
- Bake cookies for Santa and don’t forget to sprinkle reindeer food in the backyard on Christmas Eve.
- Have a family movie night on Christmas Eve. Watch your favorite Christmas movies like Polar Express, Elf, A Christmas Story, The Santa Clause, etc…
- Take your kids shopping for a toy to donate to Toys for Tots during the Christmas season.
What are your favorite family Christmas traditions?
This post was written by Jenny Morris from Faith & Good Works.