Welcome to Day 21 of the 2017 Back to Homeschool Giveaway Extravaganza!! Today’s sponsor is Parent Road Ministries and they are giving away 5 amazing prize packages!! Check it out..
Christian Discipleship in a Counter-Christian World
Much like parenting and homeschooling, discipleship is not easy. How do we reach young hearts with a Christian worldview when the world around us hammers contrary ideas? We believe the key is to start early, equipping children to live for Christ now, in college, and beyond.
Parent Road Ministries provides practical resources to train and equip parents and family leaders like you to biblically disciple their children, teaching them to love God with all of their hearts, minds, and actions.
Here is what makes our studies unique:
- God’s Word is the foundation. We don’t teach opinions. We teach straight from God’s Word.
- Bible lessons are short and kid-friendly. Although written to use each day, some families do one a week as part of their family worship.
- Practical application is emphasized. James 1:22-25 explains that simply hearing the Word of God is not enough. We must do what it says. Weekly family challenges apply lessons learned.
- Apologetics are incorporated into the teaching. 1 Peter 1:15 says to always be ready to give a defense for the hope we have in Jesus Christ. Introductory apologetics lessons equips kids and families to do just that.
- Big church words are explained. Do you get lost when pastors throw around big words? You’re not the only one. Parent Road Ministries Family Bible Studies break down those big words into everyday language.
- Memory verses are broken into do-able pieces. Those beginning to memorize verses find it much easier to add 3-5 words per day. Each part of the verse is also explained.
- Additional reading suggestions are provided for those who want more.
Here is an excerpt from The Answer Book: A Devotional for Busy Families by Nancy Ruth.
What Is A Worldview?
Ask yourself and your family these questions: What is your favorite food? What is your favorite outfit? Who is in your family? What is one thing you do at work, school, or home? What is your favorite movie? Game? What is your favorite song or type of music? What church do you go to? Who is your best friend?
All of these things shape what is called a “worldview.” Does anyone in your family wear glasses? When someone sees things around them as fuzzy or blurry, they get glasses to help them see more clearly. A worldview helps us see the world more clearly and make decisions easier. It helps us decide what is good to eat, what to wear, what to do with our time, how to treat other people, and how to think about things. We learn how to do all of this from our family, friends, teachers, church, and from other things we watch and hear.
Read Galatians 5-6. What should be the attitude of a forgiven believer looking at those fallen in the world?
Speaking about 5- to 12-year-olds, George Barna said, “…if you want to shape a person’s life—whether you are most concerned about his or her moral, spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional or economic development—it is during these crucial eight years that lifelong habits values, beliefs and attitudes are formed.”
God’s Word (the Bible) answers questions on how to treat others, how to use our time, or how to think about things. Often, the answers God’s Word provides will be different from what some music, movies, games, and people around us say. Remember that God always knows best. Read Galatians 6:9 (NIV): “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Ask God to help you follow Him. Pray that others may see God’s way.
Enter to Win!
Five families will win this family devotional PLUS three books by bestselling author Lee Strobel!
- The Answer Book: A Devotional for Busy Families by Nancy Ruth
- Case for Christ for Kids by Lee Strobel
- Case for Faith for Kids by Lee Strobel
- Case for Creator for Kids by Lee Strobel
To enter, simply use the Rafflecopter form below. Open to US residents only. All entries will be verified. The giveaway will close on Saturday 8/19/17 at 11:59pm EST. The winner will be announced via email the following day. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway