With Fall in full swing, it’s time to get the pumpkin recipes out! This Pumpkin Butterscotch Pancakes recipe will have your family enjoying the cool mornings at the breakfast table. The added butterscotch flavor is a bonus that ties in nicely with the pumpkin taste.
Pumpkin Butterscotch Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup of milk
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of butterscotch chips (or as desired)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
1. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and baking powder together.
2. In a medium bowl mix together pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla extract, melted butter and eggs together.
3. Gently fold in wet mixture to the dry ingredients.
4. Heat griddle or pan to medium heat. Melt a little butter on pan to grease it, add in a ¼ cup of pancake batter. Add a few butterscotch chips to the top of each pancake before flipping. Brown each side of the pancakes for 3-4 minutes, flipping once, until cooked through.
**These pancakes will be a little dense, but still yummy! I suggest medium heat so the pancakes have time to cook through.
**The recipe will make about 10-12 smaller pancakes. If serving to a larger bunch, I’d suggest doubling the recipe.
This pumpkin recipe has been lightly adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/235535/simply-pumpkin-pancakes/
Be sure to also check out this breakfast recipe for French Toast that you can make ahead and store in the freeze for busy mornings!