Crockpot recipes are always my favorite. Set and forget meals in the crockpot mean I have more time to get other things done in my home: housework, homeschooling, relaxation…
With the weather cooling off soon, this creamy chicken crockpot soup will be a great way to warm up. It has fresh veggies in it, which make it taste delicious. Once the ingredients are chopped and tossed into the crockpot, the kitchen is smelling amazing in just a few hours!
Creamy Chicken Crockpot Soup
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- 26oz cream of chicken
- 2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon of thyme
- ½ teaspoon of rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of sage
- 1 cup of water (optional, this makes it thinner)
- ½ cup of milk (add in during final 20 minutes)
- Salt (optional, to desired taste)
1. Place chicken breasts on the bottom of crockpot, pouring the vegetables and seasoning on top of them.
2. Add vegetables and seasonings, top with water and cream of chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
3. The last twenty minutes of cooking time, add in milk, gently stir everything together.
4. Shred chicken breasts with two forks before serving.
**Tip: Green peas would be a great add in vegetable to this dish, add frozen peas in when the milk needs to be added.**