This post is part of my ABCs of Homeschooling Through the Holidays series. To see all posts in the series, click here.
- Easy Peasy Snickerdoodles
- Oatmeal Molasses Cookies
- Apple Ginger Snaps
- Peppermint Krispie Treats
- Cinnamon Candy
- Homemade Bread
This year, we’ve decided on baking these super fun and cute, Melting Snowmen. We know you’ll love them too!
- sugar cookies (make your own or pre-made)
- white icing
- black icing
- colored writing icing
- orange jimmies
- large marshmallows
- Cover cookies with white icing, allowing it to drop off the sides (creates melting effect). Let icing dry 30-45 minutes.
- Use black icing and orange sprinkles to create faces on the marshmallows. Get creative and give them character!
- Glue marshmallows to cookies with white icing. Using black and colored icing, give the snowmen buttons, scarves, arms, and other embellishments. Let dry at least two hours before transporting.
- Complete this melting snowmen craft while waiting for them to dry!
Yvie is a homeschooling mother of two active, Lego-crazy children! Her family spends part of the year road-schooling, and part homesteading. She follows a classical curriculum, and most enjoys the hands-on aspect of learning. Find her at Gypsy Road or on Facebook, and peruse her Lego-based curriculum at Educents.Gypsy Road : Our homeschooling travels – complete with unit studies, lots of freebies, and reviews. Come join us!
A special thank you to our series sponsors: