Spring has Sprung, and so has the family bbq’s, potlucks and reunions!
I love most any family event, especially if food is involved. But sometimes I have a hard time deciding what to being as a dish.
Either someone has already spoken for the most popular ones, or because of a time restriction I am needing something super easy and quick.
But my Italian Macaroni Salad is always my fall back side dish. It’s different than most salads people make and it literally only takes minutes to put together after your noodles cook.
This recipe was shared with me by a really good friend. Of course being me, I had to change a little of this, and a little of that to make it my own!
What I love about this recipe is that there is nothing in it that will spoil. If your get together is outside, you always have to be aware of the salads and dishes with mayo, sour cream and ect, but with The Italian Macaroni Salad that will not be a worry.
It’s also so light, no heavy creams or dressings to make you feel weighed down.
Perfect for a warm Spring or Summer Side Dish!
Italian Macaroni Salad
- 2 cups Elbow Macaroni Noodles
- 1/2 Italian Dressing (I prefer Zesty)
- 1 tbsp Salad Supreme Seasoning (I use McCormick’s)
- 1/2 Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half (longways)
- 1/2 a bunch of Green Onions
- 1 cup of Cauliflower and Broccoli (chopped fine)
- Cook your macaroni til tender.
- While noodles are cooking, chop your Cauliflower and Broccoli. We prefer small chunks.
- Next diced your Green Onions using all the green and half of the white onion and your tomatoes in halves, longways.
- When noodles are done cooking, drain and rinse with cold water until cool.
- Pour noodles into bowl and add your chopped cauliflower and broccoli, diced green onions and tomato halves.
- Add your Italian dressing and seasoning on top of the veggies.
- Toss your Salad around until the dressing and seasoning is mixed well with your noodles and veggies.
- Serve and Enjoy!