Ahh…Christmas cookies! One of my very favorite parts of the holiday season. These Christmas Monster Cookies are one of my favorite recipes and they are sure to be a hit with your family too!
Christmas Monster Cookies
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 & ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup quick oats (these are the small oats)
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup of Holiday M&M’s (I used 2 small bags)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the butter, sugars, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and mix well
- In a separate bowl add the flour, baking soda, and oats and mix until combined. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until the ingredients are combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well (again).
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto a cookie sheet. (I use a Medium Cookie Scoop that makes the perfect cookies.) Or drop rounded teaspoons of the dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Add a few M&M’s to each of the cookies and flatten a little with the palm of your hand.
- Bake large cookies for 12-14 minutes and small cookies for 8-10 minutes. You want the edges to be just a little brown.
- Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before you remove them from the cooling rack.
Yields 28 large cookies or or about 5 dozen small cookies.
This post was written by Janell from Saving You Dinero for the 25 Frugal Days of Christmas series.