I am excited to share with you today twelve Bible verses that I hope will be a source of encouragement to you in your homeschooling journey this year. I’ve chosen these verses – one for each month of the year if you so choose to use them that way – that you can meditate on and maybe even memorize so you will have them in your heart at all times. I know what a blessing scripture memorization has been in my life, especially on those tough homeschooling days where I’ve needed to pull out a tucked-away verse in my heart so that I can make it through the rest of the homeschooling day. I’m sure I’m not alone on this, and as I made up this list of verses, I thought it would benefit other homeschooling moms to have these as well for their homeschooling journey. So I want to share these twelve Bible verses with you, and I pray that they will be an encouragement to you and your homeschool.
- I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.–Psalm 121:1-2 (NIV)
- Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. –Galatians 6:9 (NIV)
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. –Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
- Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. –Proverbs 16:3 (NIV)
- Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. –Hebrews 13:20-21 (NIV)
- Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. –Psalm 55:22 (NIV)
- For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. –Isaiah 41:13 (NIV)
- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. –Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
- For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs. –Zephaniah 3:17 (NLT)
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. –Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
- Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. –Psalm 127:1 (NIV)
- Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. –Psalm 127:3 (NIV)
What a blessing we have been given to be able to homeschool our children! It’s precious time we have to educate them, and most importantly, to mold their hearts for the Lord Jesus. We cannot do it alone. We need the strength that comes only from the Lord our God. Daily time in His Word and communicating with Him in prayer are necessities for us homeschooling moms. It is my hope that you will also arm yourself with these verses for those tough days that we are bound to encounter. Be prepared my friends! And may God’s grace (His empowering Presence) abound in you abundantly!
Walking in His Grace,