This post contains affiliate links.
I have a bookcase full of books on homeschooling.
When we first started our homeschooling journey four years ago, I wanted to read every single piece of literature ever written about homeschooling. So I bought homeschooling book after book after book. Pretty soon my bookshelves were overflowing. Many of the books shared the same information, but there were a few that were just exceptional. These few are the ones that I’ve turned to over and over again during our journey.
My Favorite Homeschooling Books:
- 7 Tools for Cultivating Your Child’s Potential by Zan Tyler– this book not only changed our homeschool, but changed my parenting in general.
- The Busy Homeschool Mom’s Guide to Romance by Heidi St. John– Heidi’s heartfelt humerous reminder to take the time to nurture my marriage has been pivotal in my homeschooling success.
- The Busy Homeschool Mom’s Guide to Daylight by Heidi St. John – Another great one from Heidi that helped me figure out how to stop wasting time and make the most of the daylight hours.
- Homeschool Mom’s Bible – This was my Mother’s Day present this year and I love it. Not only is it the Bible, but it also has daily devotions just for homeschooling moms. (This one is the NIV, but there is also a KJV here.
- The Homeschool Experiment by Charity Hawkins – This is a fiction novel about a mom’s journey into homeschooling. I can totally relate to almost everything she is going through. It’s humorous and helpful!
- Called Home: Finding Joy in Letting God Lead Your Homeschool by Karen DeBeus – after reading Karen’s sweet words in this book, I was encouraged to give our homeschool to God and He has shown up and showed off!
- Simply Homeschool: Having Less Clutter and More Joy in Your Homeschool by Karen DeBeus – another great book by Karen that teaches how to reduce the physical, mental, and spiritual clutter related to homeschooling.
- Lies Homeschooling Moms Believe by Todd Wilson – When I read this book, our homeschool was on the verge of collapse because I was believing the typical lies that the enemy whispers to homeschooling moms. This book helped me to refocus and get back on track.
- The Well-Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer and Jessie Wise – One of the homeschooling classics. This is a book that I refer to often.
- The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling by Debra Bell – the best homeschooling book for newbies and veterans alike. This is a must read for all homeschooling parents.
What are your favorite homeschool books?