This post is for letter “E” in the 2016 ABCs of Homeschooling Through the Holidays series, click here to see all posts.
Have the Christmas elves made an appearance in your home yet? Ours show up after Thanksgiving, because my kiddos can’t wait. Even at 13, my daughter looks forward to our elf, Lindsay, to arrive. She loves to see what antics she’ll bring to our holiday season.
In honor of our elf’s arrival, here’s a fun Christmas Elf printable pack for your preschoolers. These fun activity pages will add an element of holiday fun to your homeschool preschool lessons.
Christmas Elf Printables
Inside this fifteen-page preschool pack, your little ones will find an array of learning activities each featuring cute little Christmas elves.
There are counting pages, letter hunts, and beginning sounds practice pages. There is a spelling puzzle, I Spy, writing pages, and more.
I suggest laminating the pages that don’t involve cutting. Preschoolers can write on these pages with wet erase markers. This will allow them to do the activities over and over again throughout the holidays.
To further enrich your elf-themed homeschool activities, fill your holiday book baskets with books about elves. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- How to Catch an Elf | You’ve been waiting all year long, and now it’s finally Christmas Eve! Is this the year you’ll finally catch an elf?
- The Littlest Elf | Oliver may be the littlest elf in the North Pole, but he has a big desire to discover his very special job in Santa’s workshop! But after getting lost in the toy shop, making a mess at the book shop, and falling in the mixing machine at the bakery, is the littlest elf just too little?
- The Elf on the Shelf | Elves are magical helpers that help Santa Claus manage his naughty and nice lists by reporting back to him at the North Pole nightly. The Elf on the Shelf brings the spirit of the season to life.
And, here are some fun hands-on elf-themed activities your preschoolers are sure to love!
- Paper Plate Christmas Elf Craft | With craft items you probably have on hand, your preschoolers can whip up their own Christmas Elf.
- Christmas Elf Craft | Here’s another version of the paper plate elf that includes a few more craft items such as pom poms and jingle bells.
- Handprint Elf | I love handprint crafts. They make such cute keepsakes.
- Another Paper Plate Elf Craft | I love this version of paper plate elf, as well!
- How to Draw an Elf | Even preschoolers can use this fun tutorial to draw an elf.
I hope these fun elf-themed activities put you and your preschoolers in the holiday mood!
Visit our 2016 Homeschooling Through the Holidays sponsors: